morocco by motos
Touring Morocco by motorcycle is an exhilarating way to experience the country’s diverse landscapes, from the Atlas Mountains to the Sahara Desert. Here are some tips and an itinerary for a motorcycle trip in Morocco:
Tips for Motorcycling in Morocco:
Gear Up: Ensure you have appropriate protective gear, including a helmet, gloves, jacket, and pants. Morocco’s weather can vary, so pack layers.
Navigation: Use a reliable GPS navigation system or smartphone app for directions. Offline maps can be handy in remote areas with limited connectivity.
Documentation: Carry all necessary documentation, including your motorcycle license, passport, and an International Driving Permit (IDP).
Insurance: Verify that your motorcycle insurance covers international travel. Consider purchasing additional coverage if needed.
Fuel and Supplies: Plan your fuel stops, especially in rural areas. Carry essential tools, spare parts, and a basic first aid kit.
Motorcycle Itinerary for One Week:
Day 1-2: Marrakech
- Arrive in Marrakech, pick up your motorcycle, and explore the city’s vibrant markets and historical sites.
- Visit the Jardin Majorelle, the Bahia Palace, and the Koutoubia Mosque.
- Spend the evening in Jamaa el Fna square, soaking in the atmosphere.
3-4: High Atlas Mountains
- Ride through the Tizi n’Tichka Pass into the High Atlas Mountains.
- Explore the scenic valleys, visit Berber villages, and enjoy the breathtaking landscapes.
- Consider a side trip to the Dades Valley or Todra Gorge for more natural beauty.
5-6: Sahara Desert
- Head southeast toward the Sahara Desert.
- Explore the Erg Chebbi dunes near Merzouga and consider a camel trek for a unique experience.
- Camp in the desert for a night, enjoying the starry sky.
7: Return to Marrakech
- Ride back to Marrakech, taking a different route if possible.
- Spend your last day in Marrakech, perhaps relaxing in a traditional hammam or exploring any remaining sites.
Touring Morocco by motorcycle is flexible with your itinerary, considering weather conditions and unexpected discoveries along the way. Always prioritize safety and enjoy the adventure of exploring Morocco on two wheels.