weekend in marrakech
A weekend in Marrakech is a sensory journey through a tapestry of vibrant experiences. Begin by immersing yourself in the mesmerizing Jardin Majorelle, its lush botanical wonders set against striking blue structures. Explore the historical richness of Bahia Palace, with its intricate architecture and serene gardens.
Spending a weekend in Marrakech can be a delightful experience, filled with vibrant culture, delicious cuisine, and stunning architecture. Here’s a suggested itinerary for a memorable weekend in Marrakech:
Lunch: Street Food in the Medina
- Evening: Djemaa el Fna Square
- Head to Djemaa el Fna Square in the evening. Experience the lively atmosphere with street performers, musicians, and food stalls.
- Morning: Koutoubia Mosque
- Begin your day with a visit to the iconic Koutoubia Mosque, the largest mosque in Marrakech.
- Late Morning: Saadian Tombs
- Explore the Saadian Tombs, a historic burial site dating back to the 16th century.
- Lunch: Riad Dining Experience
- Have lunch at a traditional riad, enjoying Moroccan cuisine in a peaceful courtyard setting.
- Afternoon: Hammam and Spa
- Treat yourself to a relaxing afternoon at a traditional hammam and spa to experience the Moroccan bath culture.
- Evening: Sunset at La Mamounia
- Head to the historic La Mamounia Hotel for a drink and to enjoy the sunset in a luxurious setting.